woods, water, worth the wait
Vacation so far has proven its worth =)
Sequoia was an opportunity to revisit some of my fondest memories and they were every bit as wonderful as I remember and more. Camping is a lot of work, but is completely worth the effort because everything in the woods tastes sooooooo good (maybe it's the added dirt and bugs *shrug*). I think I eat more in the mountains than I do at home!
What do I love about camping? ... hot dogs, smores, campfires, the feeling of accomplishment after you've set up camp, star gazing, showers, clean socks, breakfast, wildlife, adventures, teamwork ...
We did a ton of hiking in Sequoia, each spot with its own spectacular view.
Everywhere you turn in Giant Forest you run into these massive redwoods.
Sequoia was an opportunity to revisit some of my fondest memories and they were every bit as wonderful as I remember and more. Camping is a lot of work, but is completely worth the effort because everything in the woods tastes sooooooo good (maybe it's the added dirt and bugs *shrug*). I think I eat more in the mountains than I do at home!
What do I love about camping? ... hot dogs, smores, campfires, the feeling of accomplishment after you've set up camp, star gazing, showers, clean socks, breakfast, wildlife, adventures, teamwork ...
We did a ton of hiking in Sequoia, each spot with its own spectacular view.
Everywhere you turn in Giant Forest you run into these massive redwoods.

Morro Rock…it’s a crap load of stairs winding up to the top of this ginormous rock!

Sunset Rock…properly named.

Rafting will never disappoint =) Quick, leave the raft behind…photo op!

Just another Kernville sign…

Back in San Diego, my arms were spaghetti noodles after kayaking, but I’d do it again in a heartbeat. These are the San Diego sea caves…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home