This Chick's Chatter =)

Saturday, May 13, 2006

what's been going on...

Let's see...since my last post...

I never found my duffle bag...lost in some garbage bin somewhere I suppose. =s

My aunt's baby shower for my new cousin David was a success and I'm soooo glad that's done with. I hate socializing with family I hardly recognize. Perhaps I just need more practice =).

Denison Witmer was amazing at the Hotel Cafe...*sigh*

I dragged Katie with me to see Joshua Radin at a sold out event at the Hotel later that week. Apparently the line wrapped around the building and droves were being turned away...good thing we got there early. It was quite a night with Schuyler Fisk, Priscilla Ahn, Joshua Radin, Zach Brooke, and Amos Lee all playing. Josh's set...spellbinding =). Amos's set...words cannot describe how his songs can resonate into your heart. Their ensembles were incredible as well. Why so busy? Sony people were prevelant and Zach Braff, Donald Faison, and Katherine Heigl sightings. CRAZY but fantastic night =). (Although, I don't know that Katie will ever come with me again!)

L.A. Times bookfair...fantastic as always...although I didn't make it over until Sunday. I was just too exhausted from all the late nights. I did manage to catch my sister working at the Cooperage, and scored autographs from Naomi Hirahara, R.L. Stine, and Sally Ride (the astronaut). All in all, a good time.

I've managed to grab some dinners here and there, throw in a few happy hours and spend some time with family.

Oooh, yesterday I was at the ever so wonderful 12-7 winning Angel game courtesy of a student of mine. Yes, this is probably one of the best teacher appreciation gifts ever! =) Beer, hot dog, Tim Salmon's home run...*sigh*...what more can a girl ask for? =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home