Arizona & Camp! =)
I flew America West, who by the way don't provide snacks! They offered drink service on the way to Phoenix, where I had to get off the plane, pick up a new boarding pass, wait for an hour, and re-board the same plane for Tucson. Crazy! Never again!
Highlights:
African tuna salad...delectable

Sabino Canyon has lots of cactus and a mountain I will someday conquer!
This place has the best fry bread...however, if you're in a hurry, don't eat here...eta for food, 15-20 min!

"Sauce" has pizza...proscuitto and melon pizza...that's right, cantaloupe and honeydew on my pizza!

Somewhere on a lake in AZ...captain gabe had to drive the boat!
Just came back from camp...interesting. The kids were exhuasted, especially the girls. One of the trail leaders pushed them too hard...my poor munchkins aren't used to hiking uphill all day long! The sleeping quarters were much nicer than what I'm used to...we had our own rooms in the teachers cabin with beds, sheets, and towels. Teacher responsiblity was pretty much null and void as far as supervision and our presence was only required at meal time. One of the meals, Lovie and I spent at Apple Annies down the street, a 15 minute walk downhill from the camp...they have the BEST chicken and cornbread...
There was so much downtime and no transportation since we both rode on the bus with the kids...I almost finished a book, listened to every song on my ipod, and hiked the entire set of trails on the campsite. I ended up hiking with the kids on a few of their hiking trips, it was nice.
There was a bit of unnecessary drama which is silly because adults should be able to deal with problems like...well...adults. Ironic.
My duffle bag with all my clothes for the week has also come up missing. I have never lost a bag before...what is the world coming to? I'm 99% certain my bag made it on the bus, where it went after that I have no clue. I'm hoping someone "accidentally" picked up my bag by mistake and will return it Monday. *fingers crossed*





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home