This Chick's Chatter =)

Sunday, January 09, 2005

rain, rain, will wash us away!

phew, i'm glad this rain is finally taking a break! Luckily, I spent the day at home in Anaheim with my family and didn't have much to do with this crazy weather. Although, my departure time was delayed, waiting for the rain to subside long enough for the water level to decrease, allowing me access to my car! When I arrived back at the apartment, I found a river nearly up to garage. Apparently, it had drained plenty from earlier in the day, as the entire floor in the garage was still wet and slippery. I have not yet surveyed the damage, hoping the boxes on the ground weren't in the path of the flooding frenzy. Thank goodness I'm not on the 1st floor, I would have come back to a flooded disaster here!

I now am the proud owner of two adorable bearded dragons =). Benny and Joon =). Have been contemplating this decision for some time now and finally had the funds to finance such a purchase. While only planning on purchasing one, due to my terrible luck with pairs...I was given little choice when the set-up came with two adorable babies. Every book and "reptile" extraordinaire insists they are much better off with two, since they are very social creatures. We shall see =). My dad was so excited and so willing to donate these reptiles to my classroom, he used his plastic to make this sizeable donation. I think he's really a kid at heart too, and while he can't have bearded dragons for the house...he can buy them for my classroom...and visit them every now and again ;). They are currently in Anaheim, basking in the heat of the lamp, full from crickets, and awaiting their journey to Paramount =).

Mraz...stupendous. His show was incredible as always and once I moved away from the horribly drunk boogers falling over next to me, I enjoyed the show quite thoroughly. =) New songs, great songs, and cute duets filled the sounds of the Ventura theatre nicely. Whilst it was great times with the Mokroopals, Ventura is surprisingly far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home