This Chick's Chatter =)

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

snowboarding

woohooo!!!!! =) I finally made it to the mountain! =) Omg, I'm so happy =). lol...it's been 3 years...almost 4 since I've but my feet into snowboots and slipped on those warm pants. *sigh* While I still am an oober clutzoid when it comes to getting off the lift (meaning I fall all over myself and then scurry out of the way) I have improved my travel time down the mountain! =)

Here are the highlights =) :
* In the "which will have more snow time" competition...board vs. ass...my board won this time!
* I graduated to the intermediate slope! Haha...it's a great ride up and the snow higher up is beautiful, that's right, powder =). I felt like I was flying! My first run down though, I was doing well, with no falls and nearly at the bottom of the trail when suddenly a guy comes out of nowhere and stops in front of quickly moving lisa! Albeit, this is just after I decided to allow myself to try some momentum, hehe, bad choice...I tried hopelessly to turn in time, but the edge of my board clipped the edge of his board and I landed on my face tumbling 3 times over. He apologized and kept going. Haha, that must have been a sight to see, I think that was my best fall all day...I did eat it quite a few times though, once in some icy mud too! hehe
* It wasn't too crowded, the weather was warm so the ice melted and I didn't need chains, we rented from a small place in Wrightwood and didn't have to wait in line, a nice guy on the slope helped us with some basics, my snow pants still fit (hehe), and it reminded me of how much fun snowboarding is...I'm not feeling pain like before haha!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home