This Chick's Chatter =)

Friday, September 24, 2004

it's Friday!

Thank goodness for weekends! There were several times this week when I contemplated calling in for a sub, actually everyday to be exact! As the week has progressed, so has my cold. Each day feels worse and worse. I had a meeting yesterday and a demo lesson that actually worked out well. It's nice to have such a wonderful class where we receive praise for our efforts rather than constant "helpful hints to get the classroom under control" as I got so often last year. I see a lot of my old kids and they visit, of course all sweet and charming now that they are no longer in my class, they are no longer set on making life a nightmare for me. =) Although they drove me insane, they're still my first bunch of munchkins and they'll always hold a special place in my heart (believe it or not!).

Maroon 5 was absolutely amazing! =) We got to meet each of the band members and take a group photo. Despite all the headache we underwent to get the tickets, stand in line and get to the venue on time, it was all worth it when they came out to meet us and were thanking us for being there. Then, the moment of truth, would this show rock as much as we hoped? Yes! Woohoo! Omg, it was absolutely amazing! We could literally reach out and touch them, they were directly in front of us, closer than I ever thought possible! They were lively, energetic and despite my cold, evoked screaming, dancing and singing from me. *sigh* All around, a wonderful experience. My pictures came out decent, but only 1 of my soundcheck pictures turned out to be successful and the Ryan photos are completely destroyed. For some reason, the photos without flash were very blurry. Ah well, they still turned out well. =)

I just purchased Sidney Sheldon's new book. *sigh* Fans of his have been waiting for ages for this book to come out, so it's an exciting time! I'll be cooped up in my apartment reading for the next few days, so I don't know how much I'll accomplish, other than finding out how great this book is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home