This Chick's Chatter =)

Thursday, March 03, 2005

phew!

geesh...it's been quite awhile since I've posted...

I'm on vacation!! hehe...officially now =).
I was at the California Science Center with my munchkins today from 8:00-4:00. omg...I'm so glad this day is over! As much as it was a great experience...I shall have to be much more organized next year! 2 parents cancelled so we were 2 chaperones short, leaving me with 17 students in my group! argh...that made life difficult...in addition there were so many little qualms along the way...by the time my day was over, I couldn't wait to get home and lie down!

The exhibits were incredible though and I now have to make a return visit without my munchkins to really get a good look at all that's there. It's tough to look around with 17 whining kids...hehe...but overall I think they had a good time, and so did I. In retrospect though, next year, I think I'll make a scavenger hunt type activity and a very specific itinerary for the students to follow. We will have very responsible people guiding and give them information prior to the event. If I'm in charge of the reservations again, I have to be abreast of all information and have everything prepared prior to the day of the trip. Now that I am more aware of the facility, the activities, the complications, the paperwork, the procedures, and the fun...I can better plan for a smoother, more enjoyable trip next time =). *sigh*...well, I guess what they say is true, my 3rd year will prove a bit easier (but only a bit) =)

I cooked!!!!!!! =) hehe...veggie and tofu sesame stir-fry and thai coconut bananas...=) I've kicked off my break with a bang ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home