where's the good in that?
*big red irritated lump*...causes lots of pain...
Doctor: Don't worry, it's just a rash, here's pain medication.
Auntie: I don't think so, it's very painful.
Doctor: Take the medication and see me if the condition worsens.
*2 months go by...medication gone...*
Doctor: Oh, it's just irritated, I'll give you more medication.
Auntie: No, it's grown a great deal and I'm in more pain.
Doctor: Well, if the swelling doesn't go down, come see me and we'll send you to a dermatologist.
*excruciating pain...can't wait...takes matters into own hands and pockets*
Dermatologist: That's no rash, you need to have that looked at.
Auntie: Duh.
Dermatologist: You can't wait, you need to see someone tomorrow.
*unable to see doctor until next month...resolves to dive into pockets again at emergency*
Emergency: Wow, that's huge, you need a biopsy.
Auntie: Thanks.
Emergency: We'll schedule you Monday (3 days later).
*results of biopsy*
Doctor: We can't figure out what this is...we've never seen anything like it before.
Auntie: I'm still in pain...what will happen?
Doctor: We know it's some sort of tumor, but whether it's malignant or not, we do not know.
Doctor: We need to operate as soon as possible, it has already attached to some muscle and 2 of your ribs, which must be removed.
My auntie was scheduled for surgery this afternoon. The operation was to consist of removing some muscle tissue and 2 of her ribs, to which the tumor attached itself. She was also scheduled for another biopsy because on her last visit, the doctor found another lump in her lymph node, which as I understand it, could potentially be very very bad.
We're all frustrated and angered and worried and sad. I know she'll get through this ok because she's strong and understanding of those who caused her more pain.
I could never be a doctor, knowing one wrong diagnosis could be devastating. *sigh*
I'm trusting that she's in better hands now, with surgeons who do this stuff all the time ... =) I'm terrible in these situations...all i can do is sit and hope =).
Doctor: Don't worry, it's just a rash, here's pain medication.
Auntie: I don't think so, it's very painful.
Doctor: Take the medication and see me if the condition worsens.
*2 months go by...medication gone...*
Doctor: Oh, it's just irritated, I'll give you more medication.
Auntie: No, it's grown a great deal and I'm in more pain.
Doctor: Well, if the swelling doesn't go down, come see me and we'll send you to a dermatologist.
*excruciating pain...can't wait...takes matters into own hands and pockets*
Dermatologist: That's no rash, you need to have that looked at.
Auntie: Duh.
Dermatologist: You can't wait, you need to see someone tomorrow.
*unable to see doctor until next month...resolves to dive into pockets again at emergency*
Emergency: Wow, that's huge, you need a biopsy.
Auntie: Thanks.
Emergency: We'll schedule you Monday (3 days later).
*results of biopsy*
Doctor: We can't figure out what this is...we've never seen anything like it before.
Auntie: I'm still in pain...what will happen?
Doctor: We know it's some sort of tumor, but whether it's malignant or not, we do not know.
Doctor: We need to operate as soon as possible, it has already attached to some muscle and 2 of your ribs, which must be removed.
My auntie was scheduled for surgery this afternoon. The operation was to consist of removing some muscle tissue and 2 of her ribs, to which the tumor attached itself. She was also scheduled for another biopsy because on her last visit, the doctor found another lump in her lymph node, which as I understand it, could potentially be very very bad.
We're all frustrated and angered and worried and sad. I know she'll get through this ok because she's strong and understanding of those who caused her more pain.
I could never be a doctor, knowing one wrong diagnosis could be devastating. *sigh*
I'm trusting that she's in better hands now, with surgeons who do this stuff all the time ... =) I'm terrible in these situations...all i can do is sit and hope =).

1 Comments:
Sadness :(
By
Patrick Clinger, at 10:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home