Time for a new year =)
Well...it's been long long time since my last post. December was such a whirlwind of activity I found little time to sit here in front of this addictive box other than to purchase items from ebay =).
In sum...
*I was probably more excited than my students to see vacation in sight. Exhaustion was setting in and while I've left a crap load of work in my classroom...I'll get to it eventually...=). I do still love my kids though...hopefully the break will bring back students geared up and ready to learn =).
*My family finally had to say our goodbyes to a loved one who is now thankfully no longer suffering. While the holidays are always tough after a loss...we miss her and remember her...realizing the importance of each other. People I haven't seen since I was little came to the service, people from her neighborhood, people she worked with, family friends I've never seen...it was amazing how many lives she touched. In the new year...she will live in our memories ever so fondly.
*Kressler's b-day spa day was a fantastic idea and I'm glad the gals got together for it =). Hooray for our 26 year old!
*Mokroopal X-mas is growing =). That's the way it should be =). It was nice to have everyone together for once...it seems so hard to get us all together anymore. No group photo...that just means we'll have to remember one next year =). Thanks to Kim, my secret santa, I now own my very own copy of He-man season one and the uber awesome Matt Pond PA album. Albert added two very pretty martini glasses to my glassware collection and Kressler made all my dreams come true with VA peanuts =). *crunch* Friends, food and fun...we couldn't ask for anything more =).
*X-mas with my family was good. The gift exchange on my dad's side took nearly 2 hours because we have over 50 people participating! TOO MANY! Plus, with so many people, it made it too difficult to get to the dessert table...so I missed out on my grandma's pie!! =(
My mom's side X-mas was great. It was just what everyone needed, getting together, laughing, talking, eating, and more eating =). I took home an electric wok (which I have learned was put in the white elephant b/c the temperature doesn't get very hot) and a calphalon stir-fry pan (which my uncle won, but thought I could use it more =) ). Why I take home kitchen goods every year...who knows! My family enjoyed their gifts from me, I'm glad...I luv watching them open them =). I also luv my new nano...thanks mom and dad. Hehe...Kacie gave me a lava lamp w00t! I do believe in karma now! ;)
*Patrick's b-day and New Year's in Vegas...#3 for me =). Phew...I was not so lucky this year...in past years I tend to do ok in the gambling arena...ususally taking something home in my wallet...alas...that was not the case this year. Every machine I put money into kept it! I have also discovered drinking Lisa is also much too touchie Lisa...wah! Thanks to my fabulous friends who keep drunk Lisa in line =).
*January 2006 it is! Resolutions? Hmmm...not sure...perhaps I'll get back to those after some though =).
Happy New Year everyone!!!!! =)
In sum...
*I was probably more excited than my students to see vacation in sight. Exhaustion was setting in and while I've left a crap load of work in my classroom...I'll get to it eventually...=). I do still love my kids though...hopefully the break will bring back students geared up and ready to learn =).
*My family finally had to say our goodbyes to a loved one who is now thankfully no longer suffering. While the holidays are always tough after a loss...we miss her and remember her...realizing the importance of each other. People I haven't seen since I was little came to the service, people from her neighborhood, people she worked with, family friends I've never seen...it was amazing how many lives she touched. In the new year...she will live in our memories ever so fondly.
*Kressler's b-day spa day was a fantastic idea and I'm glad the gals got together for it =). Hooray for our 26 year old!
*Mokroopal X-mas is growing =). That's the way it should be =). It was nice to have everyone together for once...it seems so hard to get us all together anymore. No group photo...that just means we'll have to remember one next year =). Thanks to Kim, my secret santa, I now own my very own copy of He-man season one and the uber awesome Matt Pond PA album. Albert added two very pretty martini glasses to my glassware collection and Kressler made all my dreams come true with VA peanuts =). *crunch* Friends, food and fun...we couldn't ask for anything more =).
*X-mas with my family was good. The gift exchange on my dad's side took nearly 2 hours because we have over 50 people participating! TOO MANY! Plus, with so many people, it made it too difficult to get to the dessert table...so I missed out on my grandma's pie!! =(
My mom's side X-mas was great. It was just what everyone needed, getting together, laughing, talking, eating, and more eating =). I took home an electric wok (which I have learned was put in the white elephant b/c the temperature doesn't get very hot) and a calphalon stir-fry pan (which my uncle won, but thought I could use it more =) ). Why I take home kitchen goods every year...who knows! My family enjoyed their gifts from me, I'm glad...I luv watching them open them =). I also luv my new nano...thanks mom and dad. Hehe...Kacie gave me a lava lamp w00t! I do believe in karma now! ;)
*Patrick's b-day and New Year's in Vegas...#3 for me =). Phew...I was not so lucky this year...in past years I tend to do ok in the gambling arena...ususally taking something home in my wallet...alas...that was not the case this year. Every machine I put money into kept it! I have also discovered drinking Lisa is also much too touchie Lisa...wah! Thanks to my fabulous friends who keep drunk Lisa in line =).
*January 2006 it is! Resolutions? Hmmm...not sure...perhaps I'll get back to those after some though =).
Happy New Year everyone!!!!! =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home