This Chick's Chatter =)

Sunday, September 20, 2009

So much for luck...

It's Friday afternoon and everything goes south...
...the directive is, "you will now be teaching the 4/5 Language! combo class".

At this point I've run through the gamut of emotions and am trying to make peace with this bummer of a situation. If this is what's best for the kids, ok...but if this breaks me, I'm finding new employment. No, wait...I won't let this break me, I'll be fine =).

I'm going to bummed for a loooooong time about having to say goodbye to my 3rd grade class...to my awesome grade level partners...to shorter instructional days...to smaller class sizes...to sharing lunches with a room full of people...to the "Miss Mouri, Miss Mouri, Miss Mouri I have to tell you something really important!"...and to the feeling that this year was going to be a good one.

While I'm lucky I don't have to move classrooms, lots of things will have to move and change. *sigh* Just when you think things are getting easier, someone pulls the rug out from under you and says...just kidding!

All those with suggestions on destressing, send those my way...I think I'm going to need those this year!!! =D

1 Comments:

  • Aww...my dear friend Lisa. I'm sure you're going to do a KICKASS job at whatever they throw at you.

    I was devastated last year not getting to go to the new school but I just decided that I'm gonna show them what they're missing out on & do 200% better. Just like I know that no matter how hard they make things for you, you're going to do an amazing job because you're dedicated and hardworking - one of the best teachers I know. No one, no school and no district will ever bring us down from doing the best that we can & we're still better than the others! =)

    As for destressing, I can't help you there as I am stressing too. BUT we can be stress buddies at least! =)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home