This Chick's Chatter =)

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

hmmm...happiness =)

Ok, I've been contemplating...I'm reading this book for my master's class on reflective teaching. It talks about happiness and what makes people happy. It makes me think about someone who always seems to be looking for something to be happy about, and always seems to stumble into the wrong things. Interestingly enough, the book says to be truly happy, you have to make yourself happy, you can't wait for things to make you happy. I find this completely true. I mean, come one, no one is going to knock on your door and say, "hi, I'm here to make all your dreams come true"!

So I'm thinking, who am I to judge happiness, what makes one person happy may not be someone else's idea oa happiness at all, but instead pure misery. I can't see how this person could enjoy life and feel better about themself but somehow they are happy and I can't dispute that or pass judgement, I can only say, please don't try to pass on your means of happiness on to me. *sigh*

Generally, I find happiness in most things I do...my core group of friends are the best that anyone could have. There are few moments with them that I'm not happy =). I have a supportive and loving family, a job I'm almost certain I love (at least like most of the time =) ), super dooper great friends of all sorts, a comfortable roof over my head and food to eat. I guess I'm pretty lucky =).

So anytime I say life sucks and I'm not happy...just remind me of all this =) haha =)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home